The Committee meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM in Burkart Hall at 56 Keeley Avenue.
Council Liaison: James Donovan
Agenda and Minutes
The Public Safety Committee shall be comprised of seven persons who shall be appointed to the committee by the Council. Of the seven persons assigned to the committee, two shall be Borough Council Members (or the Mayor). One of the seven persons will be appointed by the committee to serve as chair. A quorum of four persons minimum is needed to hold a meeting.
- The Committee shall be responsible to assess and make recommendations to Council, as needed, on issues which affect public safety.
- The Committee shall be responsible for addressing concerns related to traffic or parking management that are not handled as routine operational matters by Borough Administration.
- The Committee shall address any concerns which the police, fire department, ambulance, or emergency management agencies feel affect protection or safety of the citizens of the Borough.
- The Committee shall serve as liaison between the residents, businesses, and Borough Council on matters of public safety.
- The Committee shall address public safety concerns of normal or urgent priority, but is not responsible for emergency management operations of the Borough.