Register to Receive Email Phone: 215 348 4586       Fax: 215 348 5953       Email:



Trash & Recycling Program

  • Trash / Recycling Program Information – click here
  • Single Trash Hauler Questions – click here
  • How do I setup trash service?
    • As of April 3, 2019, residential single hauler trash and recycling service in New Britain Borough will be in effect and contracted with Waste Management.
    • As a new resident, you will need to contact Waste Management at 800-869-5566 to set up new service at your address.  Please mention you are a New Britain Borough resident.
    • Learn more about the Borough’s residential trash/recycling collection policy, commercial trash collection policy, and what materials are considered recyclable by visiting our Trash / Recycling Page.



Frequently Asked Questions

Who can I contact about my TAXES?

Is there an ordinance pertaining to _________?

    • Borough code and all borough ordinances are available online at or for more Recent Ordinances please click here.  You can use either the table of contents to find the subject you’re looking for or enter a keyword into the search bar.

Where do I go to vote?

    • The New Britain Borough polling place is the Lenape Valley Presbyterian Church at 321 W Butler Avenue located next to the Town Center shopping center.  Polls are open from 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM.

How do I report suspicious activity?

    • New Britain Borough utilizes the Central Bucks Regional Police Department.  To report an emergency, please dial 911.
    • For all other matters (non-emergency), you can call their office at (215) 345-4143, Monday through Friday between 8:30AM – 5:00PM.  If calling outside of business hours, you may contact the dispatcher directly at (215) 328-8508.
    • For more information, check out the CBRPD website.

Who do I contact about road issues or potholes?

    • If you have a roadway concern, you can contact the borough office at (215) 348-4586.
    • Please Note:  Butler Avenue (Old Route 202) is a state road managed by PennDOT.
    • To report problems / potholes along this road please call 1-800-349-7623.


Property Questions

Does the borough require residential use & occupancy permits?

    • Yes.  The Borough requires a U&O permit for both residential & commercial properties. U&O permit forms can be found on the borough website’s Code & Zoning Page under Permit Applications.

My property needs some work done. Do I need a permit?

    • Yes, additional information can be found in Borough Code.
    • Building and zoning permit applications are available for download on our Code & Zoning Page.
    • If you have any questions, please contact the Borough office at (215) 348-4586.
    • Permits applications can be found here.

Do contractors need to register with the Borough Office?

    • Contractors performing work on commercial properties must register with the borough before work begins and prior to any permits being approved.
    • Contractor Registration Forms are available on our Forms, Fee, & Application Page.

Who provides water and sewer service to my property?”

    • The Borough does not provide any contracted water or sewer services.
    • Most Borough residents get sewer service from the Bucks County Water and Sewer (BCWSA).
    • Property owners are responsible for contacting BCWSA to establish service.  They can be reached directly at (215) 343-2538.
    • Borough residents get water service from either well water, or one of the three sources listed below.
    • Please note that the borough does not maintain a list of which water source individual properties utilize.
    • If trying to determine which water source your property uses, please contact the water providers directly to determine if they service your address.
      • Aqua Pennsylvania, (877) 987-2782
      • Doylestown Municipal Authority, (215) 348-9915
      • North Penn Water Authority, (215) 855-3617

Who provides electric and gas service to my property?”

    • PECO is the sole provider of gas and electric service to residents of New Britain Borough.
    • The borough has no contract with PECO, and individual properties are responsible for establishing service on their own.