The Nature Preserve Committee meets the first Thursday of every month at 7:30 PM in Burkart Hall located at 56 Keeley Avenue.
Council Liaison: Tom Price
Chair: Tom Price (2024)
Agendas and Minutes
- The Nature Preserve Committee is responsible for all matters related to the Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve.
- Stewardship Plan
- In 2007, the Natural Lands Trust (NLT) was commissioned by New Britain Borough to provide a natural resource assessment and stewardship plan for the Nature Preserve. The Stewardship Plan produced by the NLT catalogs the existing environmental and ecological conditions and current management issues of the Preserve and serves as a guide for the future use and management goals set by the Borough’s Nature Preserve Committee. A 2014 Addendum to the Stewardship Plan focuses on management techniques for invasive plants in the Preserve. These documents can be found under the Resources section below.
- The current stewardship priorities for the Nature Preserve include:
- Maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment for the passive recreation of borough residents.
- Protecting and enhancing existing plant communities to provide wildlife habitat for resident and migratory wildlife.
- Protecting the water quality of the Neshaminy Creek and its tributaries that flow through the property.
- The committee organizes several work days throughout year asking for volunteers to help us maintain the preserve. If you are interested in becoming a “Friend of the Preserve” by volunteering your time, keep an eye on our blog and facebook page for information on when these events will occur. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Borough Office at 215-348-4586.
- Chronological History of the Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve
- Stewardship Plan 
- Stewardship Plan [2014 Addendum]
- Strategic Plan 
- Winning Project Description for 2018 Land Ethics Award
- 2022 Progress Report on Stewardship Goals
- Winning Project Description for 2019 Governor’s Award
- WQNP Trail Map