|The Committee meets on the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 PM in the Borough Administration Office at 45 Keeley Avenue.||Chair: Loren Frasco (Resident)
Vice Chair: Debbie Byrne (Byrne Sewing)
Resident Members: Andrea Antell, Tess LaMontagne, Maureen Loh, Fiona Nolan
Business Members: Mason Chant (Chant Industries), Dave Fermier Jr (Bucks-Mont Party Center), Chris Fleming (Federal Realty), Steve Gieseler (Gieseler Insurance Agency Inc)
Support Staff: Samantha Bryant (Borough Manager), Steve Ascher (Council Liaison), David Holewinski (Mayor, President of New Britain Civic Association)
The Community & Business Committee is a Borough committee comprised of business professionals, residents and Borough officials working together to create an environment that attracts targeted businesses, promotes our current businesses, and enhances the quality of life for residents and visitors alike. The Committee members have been instrumental in helping to create a ‘Main Street Plan’ for New Britain Borough. This plan includes new commercial and residential properties, such as the ‘University Village’ section of Butler Avenue near Delaware Valley University.
Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center
In cooperation with Delaware Valley University, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center (SBEC) provides a workspace for entrepreneurs seeking to commercialize new and innovative ideas. The center also provide support to help existing local businesses grow along with professional mentoring.
- Committee Agendas
- Committee Minutes
- PLEASE NOTE: The most recent meeting’s minutes are considered a draft until a motion is made at the subsequent committee meeting to approve them.
- More open space owned by the municipality and the Civic Association as a percentage of total area than any municipality in Bucks County
- 14 acre Covered Bridge Park
- 23 acre Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve
- Miriam Groner Historic Home & Meadow
- World War I Memorial rededicated and restored in 2011 “To All Who Serve”
- A Lovely Historic District
- A Shopping center within walking distance for many residents with a large grocery, a drug store, a bank, various specialty stores and restaurants
- Historic New Britain Baptist Church
- Delaware Valley College
- Historic cemetery with veterans interred from the Revolutionary War through the Civil War
- Home of Bucks County folk Music Shop, one of the oldest acoustic stringed instrument stores in the U.S.
- Pine Valley Covered Bridge built in 1842
- Home of Peace Valley Tile Works
- Small town Americana – Fourth of July Parade; Duck Derby; astronomy in the park; children’s summer camp
- Minutes to Fordhook Farm – the former Burpee Estate
- Only a few miles to Doylestown the county seat of Bucks County
- Minutes to the Mercer Museum, Spruance Library, Fonthill Castle and Michener Museum
- Minutes to Peace Valley Park and Lake Galena, a county-owned 1500 acre recreational area
- A short distance to the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa
- Minutes to Doylestown Hospital recently voted among the 100 Best Hospitals in the U.S.
- Proximity to restaurants of every cuisine and price range (or every taste and budget)
- Only a few miles to shopping in Doylestown and Montgomeryville
- Proximity to Peddler’s Village and New Hope
- Minutes to the Delaware River
- Proximity to several farm stands and farmer’s markets, including pick your own fruits, organic produce, locally raised meats and several award winning wineries
- Access to center city Philadelphia and Philadelphia airport by train
- Access to New York City by bus
- Two hours to the Atlantic Ocean, Pocono Mountains, New York City and Washington, DC