The Committee meets the first Monday of each month at 7:30 PM in Burkart Hall located at 56 Keeley Avenue.
*For 2022 only, in July and September, the Committee will meet the first Wednesday of the month.
Council Liaison: James Donovan
Chair: Tom Price (2023)
Agendas and Minutes
Purpose & Responsibilities
The Parks and Recreation Committee advises Borough Council on all matters relating to the parks and open space of the Borough (not including the Nature Preserve), provides for the organization and coordination of any and all Borough recreational activities (not including summer camp activities), provides recommended rules and regulations for Borough parks, and recommends improvements to Borough parks.
In addition to its mission stated above, the Parks and Recreation Committee is also responsible for:
- The effective maintenance, management and operation of the Orchard Park property to maximize its public access and enjoyment
- Manage and supervise the Borough’s Community Garden in Orchard Park
- Manage and supervise the Borough’s Farmers Market
Bike & Hike
New Britain Borough contains and is near several bike/hike trails. Below is a list of trails in the Borough:
- Destination Peace Valley Trail – This trail runs through Covered Bridge Park, through Pine Run Reservoir and ultimately to Doylestown Hospital and beyond.
- Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve (Walking Only) – There are several walking paths within the gorgeous Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve for enjoyment.